Saturday, January 29, 2011

****Which Are You Concerned About?****

The above link is a short Inspirational thought for the day, that was posted by a dear friend of mine. Once I watched it I was inspired to share it and write a little something.

So many of us are brought up to be competitive and strive for the best. Not such a bad thing, however, some of us at some point or another get caught up in the payoff and not the road in which we take to get there.
For me it has always been about the journey, not so much about the end result; perhaps it's because in my heart I always felt that the life I lead is what I leave behind and not the things I have collected that will ultimately have the most impact on those who have crossed my path.

We're all guilty at some stage in our journey to have gotten caught up in the "eye on the prize" thought process. Whether it was in High School and we wanted to outshine others in class or in the sports arena, or at the Office shooting to be number one, or it could have been to have greener grass or a prettier garden then our neighbor.

Whatever it was,  there are some of us who have come to realize it is about the journey, some of us who are still working on the journey of it, and there will be those that say I like having nice things and it doesn't matter how I got here..... Wherever you may fall it is so important to remember that we came into this world with nothing and we can't take anything with us, but what we can do is leave a legacy of love, kindness, hope, and encouragement for those who have shared our journey in any way.

They may have been on our path for a minute, a season, or even the duration, but it will be the moments shared, the lessons taught and learned, and the love and kindness you showered them with, that they will remember and consider priceless; and not our Jewels, cars, or homes, that perhaps we will have been fortunate enough to also gather.

God has many blessings that are there for each of us for the taking, when we accept these blessings we are expected to pay them forward by loving our neighbors as ourselves, and doing unto others as we would like others to do unto us.

A feeling of joy came over me while watching this clip and I would love to know what affect it had on you? I hope the rest of your weekend is peaceful, fruitful and most of all Joyful. May God continue to wrap you and your loved ones in His loving embrace.
God Bless Patricia©

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I tried to open the Flickspere, but it gave a warning.. Yes we are to just be ourselves, forgiving, loving and accepting others as we hope they do us.. Jesus gave that example. We don't have to strive to be better, who cares...
    My hubby and I moved into an old house. We have made improvements but we still don't have doors on the wardrobes.Maybe we never will..It is a typical Queenslander, the air can circulate underneith. We are unassuming..
    I love colours so our home is orange, yellow, purple red and yellow.. Colour therapy..LOL
    It is a happiness house. A place where people feel loved accepted and welcome..
    Call in for a cuppa anytime. And a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    I too tried to open your link but it also gave me a warning.
    Life is a journey with many lessons to learn. I see so many people who think they know why they are here on earth only to find their hopes and dreams dashed. They end up becoming bitter, angry people. If they could only see that we are here to glorify God. To worship Him, then if our hopes and dreams do not turn out we will not be devastated.
    Thanks for these words, very thought provoking.

    God bless,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just quickly stopped by while on my dh's computer...and what should I see? Thank you for the amazing honour of having me as one of your "7". I was totally blown away. You actually brought tears to these tired eyes this morning.

    You have blessed my spirit and my soul today....thank you from the bottom of my heart Patricia.

    I didn't realize that you have two blogs...or just different addresses. I left a message on my blog....and didn't even realize that layers of the heart and greeneyes616 were one in the same...oh boy, can I be dumb sometimes LOL.

    You truly are a very special person.

    Have a wonderful and blessed Lords day...off to get the family ready for church.

    ((hugs))

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia:

    What a wonderful surprise that my blog is on your list of 7 stylish bloggers. I don't know what to say except thank you. I am touched.

    You are so right that our life is a journey and we have crossed path at some point of etenity.

    It is amazing being able to connect with Christian brothers and sisters from across the world to know that we all share in the love of Christ.

    Although we can bring nothing with us when we leave this world, one thing certain, is that we bring the love of Christ with us. Our journey is without end.

    May God continue to bless you in all that you are doing.

    God bless,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your links are working!! You got it! :)

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Patricia, for the award,I appreciate that so much,I feel so humble! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.I didn't know that Greeneyes was layers of the heart either,so it took me awhile to find you. and yes patricia,it is all about the journey,about touching others lives in a positive way.God bless. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting me! Your blog is lovely and inspirational. And so inviting with that big, amazing, beautiful pop of color in your header. The flower picture shows that besides being a writer, you are also a wonderful photographer. Who could not feel better after seeing it. Loved the little coffee cup movie. A good reminder to get past appearances and enjoy others for who they really are. Mining for gold is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for your visit and kind words you left on my blog also for being my 43rd follower. I would like to return the kindness and be yours.

    your blog is inspirational in itself and goes along well with the movie. I posted the movie on my facebook account and thank you for sharing such inspirational quotes.

    looking forward to reading more from you
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,

    Thanks for coming by to visit! I love what I'm reading here. You have a heart for Jesus, and that's what it's all about. I look forward to knowing you better. And thanks for the prayers! They are working - my dr. said my vision can be corrected, and not to worry.

    Blessings to you my new sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Pat.
    On the farm where I stay I have a hill with the most amazing view from the top but since I live here I have been up to the top many many times. Most of the people who want to go up rush up to see the view then rush back down to get on with their busy busy lives and in the process miss so much.
    I have learned to take it much more slowly wandering around and looking under the bushes and just spending time seeing what is there. Hence the amazing photos.
    Life is very much like that, we get so busy that we don't spend time appreciating the things that are all around us. At the house of Mary and Martha Jesus said to Martha " You are too busy, do what Mary is doing and slow down". (paraphrased). May you enjoy those things that God has laid out before you. God bless you my friend. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete