Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Small Act of Kindness Goes A Long Way

There are so many scriptures about being kind. There is Hebrews 3:16,Galatians 6: 9-10  Colossians 3:12-13 and my favorite Ephesians 4:31-32, to name a few. When we are kind our hearts find forgiveness to be a reflex, because when we are kind and forgive we show compassion as our Savior shows us time and time again.



 I hope this poem will give you encouragement to go out this week and share a smile or a cup of coffee, or even throw change down on the counter for someone who may be short in the grocery line. Love hug and prayers to you all always and may our Heavenly Father continue to wrap us and those we love in in His loving embrace...Patricia xx

Back To Basics

Most often in life it's the simple things
that are the most important:
A simple smile,
A sincere hello,
A natural "how are you doing?"

Why is it that these basic things
have become so obsolete?

In days of past these precious gifts
 were a reflex.
Today, people find it peculiar
 when a stranger says "good morning."

If everyone just began their day
with the intention of making one person's
day just a little brighter,
A chain reaction would occur.

Kindness would spread like sunshine
on a cloudy day.

When our eyes twinkle,
 and our hearts smile,
The feeling that everything will be O.K.
sneaks in and spreads hope.

Where there is hope,
there is light.
where there is light,
there is no longer darkness.

May we embrace the simplicities of life,
And share and feel God's love.

Patricia vanDenburg©
1/10/12

I hope you can see my smile. Have a wonderful rest of the week. Big hugs xx


7 comments:

  1. Thanks Joseph big hugs have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... "When we are kind our hearts find forgiveness to be a reflex, because when we are kind and forgive we show compassion as our Savior shows us time and time again."

    This is so true! It is like kindness melts a hard heart in ourselves and others.

    I love your poems, thanks for sharing. :)
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always humble me and make me cry Child Thank you so much for all your love, kindness and compassion that youshare with so many big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little things that make me happy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweet friend. I agree wholeheartedly. I love being kind... Anything in the name of my Savior.

    He has surely blessed me way more than I deserve. Joyous and grateful me :)

    Love for a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful post! All anyone really wants is kindess! Thanks for this post.

      Delete