Thursday, June 9, 2011

**********A Special Hug**********

Happy Weekend everyone...Wow, what storms we've been having across the country. Last night we had teacup size hail 2 towns over, which is about 6 miles away, towns are back-to-back here, there are demarcation lines everywhere, my Mom lives next door and she is in a different town, pretty unique.

This morning I wanted to share with you a poem about something I saw and was inspired to write. I truly hope it brings a smile to your face, and perhaps makes you think a little about how through all things our Heavenly Father wants us to know He's  always there, and sends us gentle reminders, even after horrific storms, His love shines through.



I hope we all have a safe and fruitful weekend ahead, and may our Heavenly Father continue to hold us all in His loving embrace, Love hugs and prayers Patricia


A Special Hug

I saw a double rainbow,
a rare sight, so I was told.
Of that I am not certain,
but, it was a treasure to behold.

It was not just their colors,
but the distance that they spanned.
As the arms of our Father,
released His love through open hands.

They encompassed many little towns,
a gift for all to share.
Yet it was only those with open eyes,
that understood and were aware;

Of just how truly special,
this day was now to be.
For how often does our Father say,
" Hey children, here's a double hug from me"......

Patricia VanDenburg©
6/9/11

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem Patricia, double hug from God...love it!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I couldn't even imagine what a double hug must feel like....BECAUSE when God Grabs me and holds me when I am down...It's the most power full feeling in the would... WOW a double hug How kool is God... God is GREAT!! and so are the people like my friend/sister Pat >> Who God chose... to work through her and spread his word. I love ya Patty-Ann ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talented poet you are Patricia. It is nice to have a talent to express the love of the Lord towards us.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your positive attitude...Your blog is awesome.
    Love,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
    That is a promise from God and the rainbow is the sign of His promise. So next time you see a rainbow remember that it His sign of His love and care for you. This is true and can be trusted.
    Very nice poem and thank you for reminding me of a very special rainbow that God gave to me as a sign of his promise. Bless you my friend, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys I have visited your blogs and tried for days to post comments I am having issues, I found out blooger is working on the problems and I tried tonight till my eyes crossed to follow some of their suggestions. If this works I will be posting my thoughts and support once again I do appreciate all your love support prayers and fellowship...Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GM Patricia, I love the poem. I love rainbows. It's so strange when I think of so many things that I notice with new eyes when they've been there all along.

    I have an old poem on my poetry blog titled "Chasing a Rainbow." It was one of my last moments w/my four legged friend before he passed.

    Thank you for thinking of me and sharing yourself w/us.

    Love and miss talking w/you.
    I love how life gets busy and "friends" surprise us w/encouraging words, e-mails, blog posts and inspirational messages to slow us down. Even if it's just for a moment, I needed that. My job and my boss are crazy... but I remain in prayer in under the mighty wings of Jesus.

    Love and hugs
    China

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there Pat. Visiting to see how you doing, God bless, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right in your thinking Patricia, I do enjoy this writing....how awesome is the truth of the rainbow...May your Sonday be completly engulfed in the presence of the LORD

    ReplyDelete