Thursday, January 6, 2011

********* Why Be Nice?**********

So this question popped up today in general conversation, the gist of the conversation was basically about an invitation I received for two for a marketing seminar. The party I was speaking to stated if someone were able to make a lot of money why would they give a seminar and share their knowledge with other people? Clearly knowing up front that he was a Marketing director trying to help others make more money online, it was plain that his objectives were to sell marketing tools after he was through with the seminar.

 His brochure clearly stated that after the free meal and seminar ,also free, that he would have Cd's available to aid in this endeavor and if after purchasing and reviewing, if you still felt it wasn't what you needed you had 3 days in which to acquire a refund.

I was quite taken aback by the fact that someone would be shocked that others out there are willing to share their knowledge and help. Though offering  free meal and MP3 player to increase his audience size, I for one, am all about spreading the wealth and being a team player.

Not everyone is out there to scam others, and when we start to question every one's actions and motives, we may find ourselves in a very negative place. There are still MANY good people out there, and it is important that we not get jaded, and we give one another the benefit of the doubt.

 In this specific case we were under no obligation to get anything, so why not see if this is a helpful tool? A free lunch, new people, free gift, and an afternoon out, I say why not? What do you say? ( let me know)
I myself love meeting people, sharing, networking and bonding with others, to me the rest is icing. So, if some of you out there find that as of late, you haven't taken any new paths or wrote things off as ploys, remember Gods help comes in all forms, and sometimes in the least expected places.

I hope you all have a blessed and fruitful upcoming weekend, and for those of us expecting some tricky weather be safe...May God cradle you and those you love in His loving embrace Patricia....©

10 comments:

  1. I have never been to one of those seminars but I would see no harm in going to one. At my age I most likely will never attend one myself. Like you said though there is no obligation to buy anything and one may learn something that would be of help to them. I hope you have a blessed and fruitful weekend as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a complimentary comment. I do hope you will visit again. I love meeting and making new friends in blog land. I have never been invited to a seminar but I know a few people who went to one that was selling fire detectors or something similar and felt pressured to buy. I would probably be suspicious but if you are one that would not feel pressured into something I say go and enjoy. :) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad that we get jaded and can't find it in our hearts to trust. Listening respectfully costs nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. :-)
    I would go, you can always leave if its not what you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to know that you still can find people whom you can trust. It is nice of you to see the good in people and I am sure that there are many honest people out there. But how do you know who's who?

    Like you say that you were so shocked. This is because we know that this is not the kind of world we are living in.

    I would rather rule on the side of caution and common sense. We have heard of so many people who have been deceived. Nothing is really free as I was told and many had to learned the hard way. It seemed so tempting at times when something is FREE. There must be something more I am not seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia ~ thanks for your sweet comment regarding our colorful family! That made me laugh! And your comment regarding us only being visitors ~ not judges ~ very profound. And I do wish we could remember it on a daily basis ~ thank you ~ I'm going to try! I read a few of your posts ~ very thoughtful words! I'm going to enjoy stopping by! Have a good day! Alice

    Regarding your post ~ it brings to mind the story about the Ohio fellow with the beautiful 'radio' voice that is being given another chance at life ~ I love this story and am so hopeful that he uses all that is being sent his way for good. There are those out there that are saying he won't make it ~ that why should he have this chance when other homeless people are in need, etc. I wonder why in the world can't we be glad for him and positive that he'll do right! Your post today really speaks to that mentality! We need all the positive thought we can muster ~ let's run with it ~ and rejoice in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm trying to sort out that little glitch I have but am going to need some help from someone a little better versed in computers than I am.
    With regards your post I have very recently come up against people who will not trust me no matter how honest or helpful I am. Oh well their loss. God bless you my friend. I like your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciate you sharing. Thank you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. Thank you also for the lovely comments you left.

    As far as your post, I've never been to a seminar like that and probably wouldn't go. I have too many children to take time of LOL. I know others who love going to those kinds of things...it's time out and a chance to meet new people. I just would get stressed because I am more of a home body and would not enjoy that kind of thing away from my kids....NOW, a trip to Hawaii...count me in LOL.

    Have a blessed weekend
    BTW: Look forward to reading your blog...will add you to my friends list.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie, That would be lovely I will be visiting yours as well and do add me to friends God Bless and Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete